Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vanakam (hello) :D

Vanakam everyone, hope you are doing good. I know I am doing amazing and now healthy. I have been sick with a cold for exactly one week friday. I had to stay in bed on friday and sunday to get better. IT WAS HORRIBLE. I thought I was better on Saturday and went to a colony near Chingleput (spelling might not be correct) but then got back home and realized i was worse. BLAH. no fun. But after a week of being week, coughing, sneezing, and feeling not so good. I now only have a slight sniffle and i also have energy. YAY. Even though i have been not 100% i have still been working hard with the school and teachers but i think that is coming to a close for me. On monday there is going to be a new Session starting and I am going to be a "normal volunteer" That means instead of being on campus all week, i am going to be in a group and rotate between colonies, construction, and school. This is not 100% for sure yet. I told them as long as i get to go to 3 different colonies I am happy to work where ever they need me. So come monday we will find out.

Here is a funny entry i wrote in my journal the other day:

Dear India,
Please make up your mind. The different weather conditions are weird. One day you are over 100 degrees and the next you are raining beautiful rain. Then back to the heat. Then a high wind rain storm out of no where. But thank you for all your beauty that you

yours truly
Lex the tourist

I thought it was funny that that was on my mind. So i figured i would share it with all of you. Well it is a beautiful saturday and i want to go ride a bike so...here i go.

OH, exciting things going on this weekend is that Becky Douglas(The Founder of Rising Star Outreach) is coming out this weekend. I am really excited to meet her. Ok. i am going out to ride a bike.

Love you all
Me-Lex-Alexander-Me lol

2 comments:

Harts said...

Kind of makes me think of Rexburg, with it's bi-polar weather but with heat instead of cold. The pictures of the kids are super cute by the way! Take care!

lulu-biff said...

Today I plan on reading your blog from the beginning! Finally!