Friday, June 24, 2011

Not sure what to call this post.

Hi everyone.
How are you? Hope the Answer is good. So today is Friday and it is now 5 pm here in India, So 430 am in California.

So I know I have nor written all week and i am sorry. I have been busy working all week with the school getting ready for the transfer from one principal to another. It takes some hard work to make that happen smoothly. I hope it all works out on monday. The acting Principal up to today was totally amazing. She postponed her own trip to thailand so she could help the school more. The official Principal is working on her VISA in the states and having a difficult time at it. Now we have a coordinator from the volunteer group stepping up to the plate. i know she will do amazing, but it is always difficult to go after a school year starts and then change the principal 4 weeks into the year. Oh well. worse things have happened.

So if you follow my blog i stated in my last one that i would be becoming an official "normal volunteer" last monday...... that did not happen. April asked if i could stay on the final week and the coordinators left the decision up to me. I chose to stay with april for the week. SO... now i think i will be a "normal volunteer" on this monday coming up, but as i have stated before. I will wait till it happens.

OK, Becky Douglas the founder of Rising Star Outreach came here this week. And oh what a wonderful women she is. So sweet, full of love, and has a strong will to do what she puts her heart into. She was here one week(shortest trip she has ever taken) but those 5 days and seeing her work and also hearing her story was just amazing. So she is also leaving today.

Then today the Courtyard Marriott Hotel came to the school and did a little carnival for the kids, with a magician, face painting, Ballon shapes(swords and non swords was the menu) and of course music. The kids loved every moment of it. The Marriott also provided lunch for the kids, which was awesome. It was a lot of fun, but of course there was one down side. My camera had a dead battery :( i wish i had pictures.

Ok the best part of this week though was the after the festival the male teachers were all sitting together and they invited me to sit with them. There we sat, talked, and laughed for about 45 minutes. It was like i was one of them. Then afterwards, We went and played cricket. Thats right. I now know how to play cricket. i am still getting use to it, but it is fun though. It was awesome to feel like someone that belongs here. Not just another volunteer, but as their friend. One of the teachers is getting married at the end of august and invited me to his wedding. Even though i would love to go, i will be back in the states and i have to wait 2 months after leaving India before returning. (India's rules) Another teacher invited me to a festival in his village. I hope i can go, he is getting the exact dates and i will check with the coordinators to see.

Well. I have lots more to do today here in India, so ta ta for now.

No comments: